Monday 12 April 2010

I’m Coming Back To My Girl By July

I get up from the table. I leave money on the table for Matt, he doesn’t ask for it or want it really but I feel bad for getting him up ridiculously early every morning, just to make me breakfast. I walk out the door to see the all too blinding sunlight hit my eyes. I still have her note in my hand, I read it again. I take a walk down the shore front looking for a blue house. I spend most of the morning looking for a blue house, but there is no blue house. I still walked looking for one even though I know there isn’t one.

The only building that was blue was my apartment building, and I would have noticed if anyone moved in, or out. I walked home, feeling disappointed that I couldn’t find her house. Walking up the stairs towards my top floor apartment I tripped up on some empty boxes.

There was an open door from with Jeanneau walked out to find me lying on the floor staring up at her. A smile slowly appeared on her face and then her smile turned into laughter. I couldn’t help but laugh along with her.

She helped me up off the floor. Her hands were so soft. They couldn’t be compared to anything in this world. She stood there with an amazing smile on her face. “hey. I didn’t think you would ever come find me.”

“I tried to find you but I couldn’t find another blue house apart from my own, so I was headed home ‘cos I didn’t know anyone had moved in or out.” I thought I’d better explain myself, I didn’t want her to think I didn’t try to find her.

“You live here? I didn’t know. And I thought everyone could hear up move in last night ‘cos of the noise we made dropping boxes and everything.”

“It must have been when I was asleep for a few hours. I sleep like a log.” She was laughing again.

“Do you want to come up to mine?” these were the only words that were coming out of my mouth.

“Sure.”

No comments:

Post a Comment