Wednesday 7 April 2010

But If You Left It Up To Me, Everyday Would Be A Holiday From Real

This. This was what I needed in my life.

“So what’s your name?” She asked as Matt walked away to get our food. She was playing with a napkin.

“Jack. Like me.” I had said that to far too many people, I just blend into the background with a common name like Jack, this way they remember me for me.

“Jack. I’ve never met anyone called Jack before. It’s nice.” Her smile had lit up my day completely, and it wasn’t even 6am yet. She look up at me, her eyes bright. I was smiling back, who couldn’t? “So where abouts do you live? Like round here?” I took a deep breath, just as Matt walked over with two plates full of everything you can fry plus a bowl of cereal and some pop- tarts.

“Jack lives five doors down the road. Never eats his breakfast in his apartment anymore, so I have to get up to make it for him.”

“Thanks Matt! I love the food here, who doesn’t?” he could hear some sarcasm in my voice. It made me laugh when he rolled his eyes and left.

We ate. We didn’t speak or look at each other for half an hour. We just ate. Once finished I looked up at her. She was writing on the napkin she was playing with earlier. She passed it to me then left, leaving me all alone. I read the note she had left.

This was awesome.

Come find me later, if you consider us friends.

Blue house above the blue ocean.

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment