Monday 5 April 2010

I Talk So Much I’m Sure I Didn’t Realise I’d Gone Crazy…

We walked slowly towards the café. I knew it would be open; it always is at this time. My friend runs it, he only opens at this time for me to get something good down my undeserving throat. He’s a way better friend than I deserve.

“So… how long have you been living here?” she asked as we walked down the sun lit shore. She was smiling as we walked, I don’t know what at, but she was smiling.

“I don’t know really. Since I was about 16 probably. I decided I had to get away from it all. My mum’s death, and my drunken dad.” I couldn’t help but tell her why I was here; it seemed natural to talk about my life. “I just got in my crappy car and left.”

“Just like that? Just get up and go?” she looked jealous of one of my many bad decisions I had made in life. “I wish my life was that simple.”

“Here’s the place.” I said pointing to the café. I never wanted to interrupt her story. Her voice was just like music to my ears. We walked up and I rattled my fist off the glass door three short times. That was my signal to Matt that I wanted some food. The door opened and Matt was standing there with a very confused look on his face.

“Who’s your friend?” He asked as we walked in. he closed the door behind him and showed us to a table for two. I usually sat myself most mornings.

“This is…” that’s when I realised that I didn’t actually know my mysterious girls name.

“My name’s Jeanneau. Like the city in Alaska.” She told both me and Matt. I smiled, this was probably the first time Matt had seen me smile in a long time. Too long actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment